Friday, September 18, 2009

Maybe this helps .....

Some human tendencies i fail to understand :

1) I am stressed - Let me burn a hole in my lungs, destroy my immune system and then top it up with filling myself with toxins(tar) that can never be removed - Maybe doing this will help.

2) I am sad - Let me punch my kidney and liver so that they get a shock. Lose control of my nerves. Create a mess for me and those around me - Maybe doing this will help.

3) I am happy (because a thousands of years ago - the king Ayodhya - 'RAM' returned from exile) - Let me make my surroundings uninhabitable for all the birds and animals, let me create so much noise that even the birds sleeping in their nests miles away get terrified, the air around me be filled with obnoxious gases - which causes problems for me too - Maybe this will please the lord.

4) I am hurt(emotionally) - Let me throw it all around me, on my loved ones. Make them feel the hurt too - Maybe it will ease my pain.

PS 1) Smoking kills ..... if thats the solution to your stress then - all the best.

PS 2) Drinking distracts - solves nothing while destroying something. If a few moments of distraction from situation helps then - all the best. Though it does help to get into a good mood when with friends and you have celebration in your mind. But doesnt solve any problem at all.

PS 3) Have no idea what is acheived by puffing thousands of rupees into air in a short while and at the same time creating worst kinds of pollution. Amazing what we can find amusements in - worst, its done under the pretext of religion.

PS 4) In times when we take it all out on the ones near to us. Mostly they are not at fault. But for that period of time the universe is your enemy.

I have done these things. I have puffed cigarretes like nobody's business. I know the kick that one gets from it - but really its not worth the price we pay for it.

I have drank like a tanker - but at the end of the day i had to face all my problems head on. No alcohol helped me then. Only 'I' was with me.

I have burst crackers a lot in my childhood - but i saw a dog walking on the streets on diwali night. Man was he in hell. I failed to see the point anymore.

I shouted at my friends - not their faults - but i was in a bad mood because i had lost. Oh yeah - the capacity to hurt is directly proportional to the amout of hurt in me.

All of us get stressed, sad, happy, angry - thats normal. But what we do about it makes us a better or worse person.

1 comment: