Saturday, September 12, 2009

Justified ---- yes

I am amazed at our capacity to justify things on the bases of that 'WE' need it. Then we take it as an assumption that we need it - and then that what we do is so correct. And after doing this for a long long time it becomes a natural tendency. But never do we sit down to think and reason do we need it?

Everything we are doing - apart from sleeping and eating - is so out of place - so unnatural. I eat food that grows - but i no longer pursue food - i pursue some scraps of thin sheet like cut into uniform shapes with faces on them - well i cant eat it though - but now i can exchange it for food. A stupid barrier i feel between me and the food which grew and was there to be eaten.

I travel miles everyday - in order to get these scraps - for convenience we will call them duffs - to travel that distance i use vehicles - these things through out a lot of disgusting stuff everywhere around me. But then to drive them i need flat spaces as they cannot be used on natural places - so i cover the earth with a thick black sheet preventing the soil beneath from ever receiving the sunlight - and destroying the complete life cycle of the life underneath.
Well i dont see it - so why should i care?? Its justified - 'I' need it.

There is another queer thing i use all through my existence - its a form of energy i have come to be so dependent on now that i cannot imagine a life without it. Dependence is the key to the survival of the ecosystem - but it has to be a cycle. So i was talking about this energy i use all day long in almost everything i do - but to get it - build huge huge walls which stop the natural flow of water, destroys the soil cycle - submerges forests - weakens the earth structures and in other place i burn stuff, a lots lots of it , causing unprecedented levels of hazardous substances into the environment- hey but its justified - 'I' need it.

Coming back to the duffs - these have come to play a major role in my life - though despise the institution they have created - but i am bound by it - all , absolutely all decisions i have to make in my life revolve around it - why the hell..... i hate it for that - first of all it was never there in the first place - somewhere back in time i created it myself (for reasons unjustifiable to me). And now i am a slave of it - something that was never required in the first place. Wars are fought - people cheat - lie - kill - forgets themselves - disregards other's feelings for this - and but at the end of the day - its justified - because - 'I' need it.

Nature had created everything for us that was (actually) needed. But we desired more more more more - most of the things we say we need are extra desires. And we are ready to pay any price for it. Even if it means to make earth uninhabitable - hey but its justified - 'I' need it.

PS :- yes there are those trying to change things - and i am with them with all my efforts - but the average levels of ego and attention to one self rather than the bigger picture it too glaring and rampant. Lets make a difference in the capacity we can. And we often underestimate our capacity.

I want the tree in my courtyard to be happy that i live around it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment