Tuesday, September 29, 2009

If only you can feel.....

Dont know what happened all of a sudden. The first thing i did was to run and check for my friends - were they ok ..... But they were nowhere to be seen. Hopefully they found a safe place somewhere. I was still in the open and the noises were becoming more fearsome. The explosions and the flashes of lights everywhere. There was smoke everywhere as i tried to search for a place for myself - where i would be safe. The thunder showing no sign of abating. Nothing was making sense as i ran from street to street. But everywhere it was the same. The blasts - the smoke. The birds had flown away - lucky they has wings. I felt even the trees were trying to run away but in vain - they did not have a choice but suffer.
I found myself a small hole where i thought i will be safe and sat there the entire night hoping that these explosions will stop and i will be able to live another day. I never was able to understand what happened that night. But the memories scare the hell out of me.
I can think of no justifiable reason why were they doing this. They had gone mad.

- diary entry of a Dog on a Diwali night (Indian festival in which a lot of crackers are burst).

PS : i had written such a post earlier but somehow it got deleted. But the relevance of the message at this time around made me write it again.

If you are reading this - i believe you are educated enough to understand. And if still you donot take any actions - you know why the environment is going down the drains.

No comments:

Post a Comment