Thursday, December 9, 2010

It tastes the same - II

The music was ominious - indicating something bad was about to happen. There were so many indications to me to do something - but what??

I looked around surveyed the stage - the things that were there. And then suddenly i became aware of the host of pairs of eyes looking at me from the audience. Though not yet visible due to the high intensity spotlight - but definitely i was visible to all of them.

Fear - the one i despised started to take control - voices in my head spoke - "What if i make a fool of myself?" - "What might they be thinking?" - "Am i doing the right thing?" - "Am i good enough to do this?". With each question confidence dwindled - thoughts became hazy. It was becoming difficult to understand what is happening. But there was no escape.

Another character in the play attacked - perhaps thats what i assume he did when he hurled a crimson coloured ball at me - To catch or not to catch. Am i supposed to catch it?

In fear i dodged - there was laughter; was it that i heard from the background - what had i done? Maybe i was supposed to catch it .... then suddenly a voice from the crowd cheered for me - i knew the voice - it was full of confidence - were they too in the crowd. They had to be - for the voice was definitely the one i knew.

I was amazed at the effect of that sound. My heart was strengthened - they were in the crowd - watching me - supporting me - a new confidence arose and i felt lighter. Amused at my reaction - suddenly i was not scared anymore. But the music had stopped ...... The curtains fell and you were standing next to me.....

1 comment:

  1. awesome!!! i take this as a stage of life where u are an actor and u are comforted by that One whose voice you always seek to hear.

    very well put! :)

    ReplyDelete