Wednesday, August 4, 2010

From a distance

Have you ever seen yourself from a distance?

Your own smiles - your sadness - your goals - your beliefs - your faith - your existence.

Abstraction gives the power of detachment from yourself. Chance to see yourself from a different point of view. A chance to see yourself from an unbiased way - free from all the chains of your own desire - your own wishes - your own drives - your own concepts.

I see myself and and from a distance i cant help but smile - calm spreads in me whenever i do that - i see myself playing a game where my desires guide me - so much control they have on me that they decide whether i smile or frown - does a tear roll down - or i shout in anger. Do i cry or laugh - i see myself so much tied in these.

But even this has a fun of its own - to see the mind play games of jealousy and hate - of anger and pain - of joy and happiness. From a distance they seem so meaningless - but i cant stay that way too long. I have to return to being me. But every trip to that place gives me strength to overcome whatever i am facing - or always enhanced the happiness i am feeling.

At the end i realize i can take back my independence from all the vagaries that bother me. But not yet found a way to do that - from a distance i see it possible - back to myself i loose the sight of the way. From a distance i dont feel the pain of a loss coz i leave behind the desire to have it - from a distance i see all the fear melting away - from a distance the happiness seems so always present but i deny myself that all the time.

From a distance i see what i can be - but then return to being me........

No comments:

Post a Comment